Written in 2016, this comprehensive budgeting manual from CompassPoint Nonprofit Services includes examples and case studies. The document aims to help the reader accomplish the following:
- Assess their organization’s effectiveness in its budgeting process and identify areas for improvement.
- Understand the value of connecting annual budget planning with establishing overall organizational goals.
- Effectively estimate total program costs.
- Compile a realistic income forecast.
- Identify who should be involved in monitoring the budget.
- Explore different budget to actual report formats that meet the needs of a variety of audiences.