Register Today for a FREE Membership
Welcome to your community forum, where you can ask questions, share your experiences and connect with peers and experts. This forum is designed to foster a supportive and inclusive environment where everyone’s voice is heard and respected.
Whether you’re looking for advice on a specific topic, seeking new perspectives on a challenging issue, or want to connect with other nonprofit financials, this forum is the perfect place to do so. Members bring a wealth of knowledge and experience that can help each other grow and learn.
Join this community today. We look forward to hearing from you and building a stronger, more connected community together.
- On-Demand peer advice from your colleagues from nonprofits of all types and sizes
- Webinars and complete courses on various topics of financial strategy and practice – built from a base of wisdom to address common practical and strategic concerns
- Discussion forms on topics of interest
- A searchable collection of written resources, including tools, insightful articles, and research.
Forum: Rules of Engagement
Our mission is to provide relevant and accurate content in a welcoming and supportive community to nonprofit financial leaders. To that end, we will be working hard to ensure that we align our actions with that purpose. These Rules of Engagement should not only help you understand how to act within the community but also help you understand what to expect from other participants and moderators in this space.
- Use the Search first – Do a quick search to see if your question has already been posted.
- Check the Resources – The Commons has curated a list of resources that address common nonprofit financial challenges.
- Be descriptive in your post – When giving your post a title, make sure to give a short summary of your post in the subject line so people know what they are looking at.
- Unhelpful subject lines: HELP. I have a problem. Quick question…
- Helpful subject line: Need advice on how to handle presenting a deficit budget at our next board meeting
- Expect lively discussion – We know that for some questions there is one right answer. But for so many others the answer is often “it depends.” The Commons is intended to be a vibrant community where diverse perspectives are shared. We also know that members rely on this space for accurate information. Expect moderators to clarify and correct inaccurate information as needed.
- Site administrators have the authority to remove any posts that do not align with our values, including the use of offensive or derogatory language.