“There are probably as many ways to work with dashboards to realize these benefits of critical thinking and board engagement as there are board members.”
10 Common Benefits of Dashboard Reporting
- Save time by reviewing highlights.
- Track progress toward goals.
- Understand system dynamics.
- Spot potential problems.
- Identify patterns and anomalies among similar entities.
- Identify patterns and anomalies among diverse factors.
- Expand board member comfort zones.
- Bring all board members up to speed around a shared knowledge base.
- Maintain a governance perspective.
- Reinforce board oversight by linking structure and process.